- Tuesday - Sackville Community Garden, Charles St. - Thursday at Salem Elementary School from 9:30-11 a.m. Come learn how to garden, recycle cans into crafts, identify bugs, and have fun two mornings a week! This is a free program in partnership with the Tantramar Family Resource Center, RCE Tantramar, as well as the community garden. Kids ages 6-13 are welcome, under 6 should have a guardian accompanying them.
- Wednesday, Aug. 6 - 1-4 p.m. at Open Sky Co-op (12 Folkins Dr.) - Bring some cukes, beans or dill and some jars and join our old fashioned kitchen party! We'll have the brine so bring yourself and your friends to learn (or get a refresher) how to make pickles.
- Friday, Aug. 8 - 3-4 p.m. at the Sackville Community Garden. Join Community Forests' International's Estelle Drisdelle to learn a thing or two about the herbs that we have at the community garden. In this hour-long session we will learn the basics of harvesting herbs and how to combine them into tea or tinctures. This is a free session, but registration is encouraged so as to plan for numbers! Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 875-8435.
- Tuesday, Aug. 12 - 2-4 p.m. at Open Sky Co-op - Come learn how to make kimchi in this short afternoon workshop! Bring a jar and a notebook to jot down the process and take some of this spicy treat home.
Make Your Own Rain Barrel!
- Saturday Aug. 16, 2014 - 2-5 p.m. at the Sackville Community Garden
Cost: $10 (includes a plain barrel). Learn about different designs and uses for rain barrels with Macx MacNichol of Eco-Container Co. Free childcare available onsite! This workshop is in partnership with EOS Eco-Energy, Eco-Container Co., Tantramar Family Resource Center and the Community Garden
To register contact EOS at 536-4487 or email@example.com (deadline is August 14th).
- Wednesday, Aug. 20 - 6:30 p.m. - Cost: $10 - Join Sarah Mullin and learn how to felt over a bar of Anointment Skincare soap. All materials will be provided, and registrants will go home with a bar of felted soap. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 875-8435 to register - there are only a few spaces left!
Community Garden Tour
- Monday, Aug. 25 - 2-4 p.m. - In partnership with the Town of Sackville, we are offering garden tours! Come visit the community garden, taste the jams and pickles that we've made during our weekly workshops and see what we're all about. Tours will be given on the half hour, so come check out our gardens!
Bake oven masters wanted
- If you want to learn more about our bake oven and are interested in being trained how to use this state-of-the-art oven, please let us know! We would love to have representatives from various community organizations and groups be involved - to learn more, send us an email: Sackvillecommunitygarden@gmail.com"