FREDERICTON, N.B. – Expressions of interest are now being accepted from New Brunswickers who would like to be considered for board member and alternate board member appointments to the Assessment and Planning Appeal Board in various regions of the province. The deadline for submissions is Feb. 5.
The mandate of the board is to hear appeals and render decisions under the Assessment Act, the Community Planning Act and the Heritage and Conservation Act. The duration of the term is up to three years.
Individuals can apply for these positions:
● Region Two (Richibucto):one board member and one alternate board member.
● Region Three (Bathurst): two board members.
● Region Five (Campbellton):one board member.
● Region Six (Saint John): one alternate board member.
● Region Seven (Hampton): one alternate board member.
● Region 9 (Fredericton): one alternate board member.
● Region 10 (Edmundston): one board member.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria:
● members and alternate members must reside in the region to which they are appointed;
● members and alternate members must not be employed within the provincial civil service;
● appeal hearings are conducted on weekdays during business hours; members and alternate members must be able to attend hearings at these times;
● the chair may, if necessary, designate a member or an alternate member to sit on a panel hearing an appeal in another region. In this instance, travel to another region would be necessary; and
● the ability to hear appeals in both official languages would be considered an asset.
A résumé and cover letter may be submitted by email to Nominations.email@example.com, by fax to 506-453-7128, or by regular mail, with details of education, volunteer, board/committee and work experience, and contact information including telephone, civic address and email.
The mailing address is: Nominations, Department of Environment and Local Government, Marysville Place, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, N.B., E3B 5H1.
Questions regarding appointments can be submitted to Nominations.firstname.lastname@example.org
or be made to the appointments co-ordinator at 506-444-4977.