Saturday, Sept. 22
1. Fun times await during Family Day at the Doncaster Farm – Viewed by many as the crown jewel of the Fall Fair weekend, Family Day at the Doncaster Farm will return Saturday, opening at 9 a.m. and running until 5 p.m. Fans of the ever-popular Family Day will enjoy a wide variety of events, including horse-jumping demonstrations, horse drawn hay rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncy tent, children’s play area, a hay bale mountain for climbing, horse and tack display, a wide variety of food and craft vendors, and much more. And, yes, last year’s hugely popular mechanical bull ride will be back. New this year will be a miniature pony and cart demonstration. A wide range of talented local musicians will also be performing throughout the day.
2. Take in the sights and sounds of the Sackville Fall Fair Parade – Line the streets and enjoy the Sackville Fall Fair’s biggest parade to date. The parade starts at Drew Nursing Home and follows Main Street, turns onto Bridge Street, then turns onto Lorne Street and ends near the Via Rail station. Drop into the Sackville fire station for a free chocolate milk following the parade.
3. Are you feeling lucky? – The annual Sackville Fire & Rescue truck draw takes place tonight at the fire hall, 31 Main Street, at 7 p.m. Firefighters will be putting on a last push to sell out of tickets throughout the day leading up to the draw. Tickets can be purchased from the Main Street Esso, any firefighter and they will be sold during the Fall Fair Parade. One lucky winner will take home a brandnew truck – or they can apply the value of the truck to any vehicle line the Allen Auto Group carries – with many other great prizes available to be won.
4. Prepare to be dazzled by the annual Fall Fair fireworks – Billed as “the best display in the Maritimes”, this year’s Fall Fair Fireworks will return to the Dufferin Street Sports Fields behind town hall. Dufferin Street will be closed to vehicular and foot traffic, so residents are encouraged to walk to the Marshview Hill whenever possible to watch the show. Originally scheduled for Friday evening, the fireworks were postponed due to a wind warning and will now take place this evening at 8:30 p.m.
5. Mix of musical entertainment on tap – Saturday’s Fall Fair line-up will conclude with a variety of musical entertainment. From 7:15-8:15 p.m., Myelin Sheath, A rock band with no roll, will perform under the big tent at 96 Main Street. Obediah Anderson, Dashiel Edson, Lily Maxwell, and Jesse Corrigan will rock your socks off. “Money back guaranteed.” Then, from 8:45-9:45, also under the big tent, Cool Water will take the stage. These dudes will absolutely rock your face off with all of your favorite classic rock power hits from the ’60s, a’70s, and ’80s. A great tune-up for a night of classic Rock ‘n’ Roll. From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., The Ray Oliver Band will put the finishing touches on the evening. Founded in the summer of 1985 in Sackville, N.B., the Ray Oliver Band has been thrilling Maritime audiences for over three decades. Their honest rock sound has featured covers from Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top in the early years on to Tragically Hip and Foo Fighters covers more recently. The band’s current lineup consists of co-founder Stephen Melanson, longtime front-man Rob Fife, Murray Sears, Kevin Chapman and Jacques LeBlanc.
Also on tap throughout the Fall Fair weekend
– Laser Tag with Ground Zero – Laser Tag is like paint ball (minus the paint and pain). Come have a blast with Ground Zero today from 12-10 p.m. and Sunday from 12-5 p.m. in the Mount Allison King Street parking lot field. Visit www.groundzerolasertage.com for more details.
– Hinchey’s Rides and Amusements – The ever-popular midway continues today from 12-10 p.m. in the Mount Allison King Street parking lot field. They will not be open Sunday as originally advertised in the Fall Fair schedule.
– Fall Fair Scavenger Hunt – There are dozens of events and activities taking place this Fall Fair weekend. In teams, take photos of one of your teammates at 20 of the activities then visit Sackville Foodland on Monday, Sept. 24, between 5-7 p.m. for a coupon to receive a free family sized pizza and garlic fingers! So, stop in at Family Day at the Doncaster Farm, check out a show in the big tent, or grab some BBQ at the Show N Shine and win yourselves a pizza. Brought to you by the Sackville Foodland.
The full Sackville Fall Fair schedule can be viewed at https://sackville.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/sackville-fall-fair-2018_web.pdf, while and updates/changes can be found on the Town of Sackville’s Facebook page.