Friday, Sept. 21
1. Citizens of the year will be unveiled during opening ceremonies – The Sackville Fall Fair will officially get underway at 6 p.m. under the big tent, 96 Main Street, with the 2018 opening ceremonies. As part of the festivities, this year’s Citizen of the Year, Youth Citizen of the Year and Mount Allison University Student Citizen of the Year Awards will be presented to outstanding members of the community.
2. Local youth to strut their stuff during children’s parade – The Mount Allison Student Union will host the 2018 Sackville Fall Fair Children’s Parade under the big tent at 96 Main Street. Area residents are encouraged to dress their kids up in their best costumes and enter this year’s parade, with a variety of prizes available to be won. With a mix of cute and creative entries each year, this event is truly worth checking out.
3. Younger crowd can get a groove on at children and youth dance – The Sackville Fall Fair children and youth dance will be held from 7-8 p.m. under the big tent, 96 Main Street, featuring Kathleen from Krysta Jay’s DJ Service.
4. FRIDAY NIGHT FIREWORKS NOW POSTPONED DUE TO TONIGHT'S WIND WARNING – Billed as “the best display in the Maritimes,” this year’s Fall Fair Fireworks will return to the Dufferin Street sports fields behind town hall. Dufferin Street will be closed to vehicular and foot traffic, so residents are encouraged to walk to the Marshview Hill whenever possible to watch the show. Originially scheduled for tonight, the Town announced this morning they would be delyed until Saturday evening at 8:30 p.m. due to a wind warning.
5. It’s time for the adults to dust off their dancing shoes – Get ready to twist the night away to Patty O’ Boy and the Beach Toys when they take the stage on Friday night in the main tent from 9:30-10:15 p.m. The evening of entertainment will continue at 10:30 p.m. with the sparkling, rootsy pop sound of Port Cities, a Nova Scotia trio devoted to songwriting. These are both 19+ events.
Also on tap throughout the Fall Fair weekend
– Laser Tag with Ground Zero – Laser Tag is like paint ball (minus the paint and pain). Come have a blast with Ground Zero on Friday from 6-9 p.m., Saturday from noon-10 p.m. and Sunday from noon-5 p.m. in the Mount Allison King Street parking lot field. Visit www.groundzerolasertag.com/ for more details.
– Hinchey’s Rides and Amusements – The ever-popular midway makes its return to the Sackville Fall Fair on Friday from 4-9 p.m. and Saturday from 12-10 p.m. in the Mount Allison King Street parking lot field. They will not be open Sunday as originally advertised in the Fall Fair schedule.
– Fall Fair Scavenger Hunt – There are dozens of events and activities taking place this Fall Fair weekend. In teams, take photos of one of your teammates at 20 of the activities then visit Sackville Foodland on Monday, Sept. 24, between 5-7 p.m. for a coupon to receive a free family-sized pizza and garlic fingers! So, stop in at Family Day at the Doncaster Farm, check out a show in the big tent, or grab some BBQ at the Show N Shine and win yourselves a pizza.
The full Sackville Fall Fair schedule can be viewed at https://sackville.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/sackville-fall-fair-2018_web.pdf, and updates/changes can be found on the Town of Sackville’s Facebook page.