SACKVILLE, N.B. – This Saturday, the area around Silver Lake will be buzzing as over 100 athletes from across the region and further descend upon Sackville for the annual triathlon and duathlon.
For the second year in a row, the Sackville Swim Club will be the beneficiary of all proceeds and the race is directed by the club’s head coach Stephanie Le Breton.
Be sure to check the race’s Facebook page or the Town of Sackville website for road closures and other relavant information.
There is still time to volunteer or even participate in the race itself.
About the Sackville Triathlon Duathlon
– SWIM (750 meters): The swim will be a loop in Silver Lake. Caps are mandatory. The water may be a bit Weedy. You must be able to swim 750M under 35 mintutes. * The water tempature will be tested by TriNB an 1HR prior the race to detrminate if wet suit will be permitted.
– BIKE (20 km): Mostly Flat, Out and Back from Silver Lake on the Route 940 toward Midgic.
– RUN (5KM): Will be flat and on crushed gravel, Out and Back.
– 1st RUN (5KM): Flat on Crushed Gravel, out and Back
– BIKE (20KM): Mostly flat, Out and Back from Silver Lake on Route 940 toward Midgic.
– 2nd RUN (3 KM): Flat on Crushed Gravel, out and Back
– Parking and sign in at Middle Sackville Baptist Church (14 Church Street, Sackville) from 7 to 8 a.m.
– Bike/RunTransition at 940 Church Street
– Race Meeting and Swim (Lillas Fawcett Park) at 8:30 a.m. with races to get underway shortly after
– Snacks and prizes at Middle Sackville Bapstist Church commencing at 11 a.m.
Please note that the event will be closed to traffic from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Traffic will be re-directed at Station and Main, Donald Harper and Main, as well as McPhee and Church.