FREDERICTON, N.B. – Sackville will be home to a Cannabis NB retail store, one of nine new sites announced today by the provincial government.
“We continue to work diligently as we prepare for the federal government’s legalization of the recreational use of cannabis,” said Finance Minister Cathy Rogers. “We do this as we continue to focus on ensuring public health and safety is respected by having strong regulations for the production, distribution, and sale of cannabis and by having awareness programs in place.”
The nine locations were awarded through a competitive tendering process.
Of the nine, seven, including Sackville’s, are at new developments for which a civic address has yet to be determined.
The new sites include:
– Sackville– Castlemount Properties Inc. – Wright Street.
– Fredericton – Cordova Realty Ltd. – Woodside Lane.
– Rothesay – Choice Properties Ltd. Partnership. – Marr Road.
– Edmundston – Choice Properties Ltd. Partnership. - Victoria Road.
– Shediac – Choice Properties Ltd. Partnership. – Main Street.
– Richibucto – JPR Estimating Services Ltd. – Allée de la Cooperative
– Tracadie – PRO REIT Acquisition Inc. – 3528 Principale St.
– Perth-Andover – Heron Enterprises Inc. – Tribe Road.
– Campbellton – 045317 NB Inc. – 157 Water St.
“We are pleased to have been able to secure these locations to ensure that New Brunswick has the proper number of cannabis retail locations,” said Brian Harriman, president and CEO of NB Liquor. “It is anticipated these Cannabis NB locations will be open by September 2018.”
Locations were based upon population demographics, liquor sales transactions and traffic patterns. The locations were also chosen to ensure distribution and accessibility provincewide and to ensure the locations were an appropriate distance from schools and daycares.
The government previously announced 11 retail locations that are anticipated to be open in July.
Online sales will also be available to help with province-wide distribution.